Placing the Blame Where it Belongs... (Connie J...)
Did you know, that when you ask a Victim of Domestic Violence, why they didn't leave, that you're making the Victim the source of the problem, and not the abuser?
Usually, the Victim's main reason for not leaving is fear - but the fear of innumerable things:
- their own/children's/animals/family member's safety
- they will have no place to live
- no source of income
- fear of being alone
- their abuser has been their only relationship
- Domestic Violence is all they've ever known - previous generations of DV in family
- that they're a failure because they couldn't "fix" their partner, by "giving up" on the relationship
- of God not forgiving them
- they don't want their kids to be "quitters"
- that their abuser is right - NOBODY else will want them - they're damaged goods, or just not good enough
The blame for the Domestic Violence - the control, manipulation, abuse, intimidation, etc - LIES WITH THE ABUSER!!!
How about we stop blaming the Victim?
Do you have any thoughts on this topic? We would love to hear your input. Please comment below this post.
Thank you, have a good day, and be safe... #EtSoV #ENDtheSILENCEofVIOLENCE