The "Why" Equation... (Connie J...)
This, I believe, is one of the most common questions in the world; especially when related to Domestic Violence, or ANY kind of abusive situation.
Why does one person feel they can say, or do, ANYTHING they feel to another person? Some reasons are:
- They're hurting inside, whether from a true, or perceived slight.
- They're uncertain what to do with said pain.
- They believe, because they're hurting, THAT somehow gives them the right to hurt someone, or something else.
This is all unhealthy behavior, and it will only continue, as long as people let it.
You letting someone continuously hurt you, because you think you deserve it, is just as unhealthy. Some questions to ask yourself are:
- Why do you feel you deserve it? We're you abused as a child, either mentally, emotionally, physically, or sexually?
- If you make a determined effort to help yourself, will the situation escalate to putting yourself in physical danger?
- Is this REALLY the way you want to live the rest of your life?
- If you have children, do you want YOUR next generation to continue this behavior?
I know this asked more than why, but it's all a part of the "why" equation. If this struck a chord, is it time for you to seriously investigate YOUR "Why" equation?
Have a good day, and be safe...